|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Job Title: Electronic Systems Test Engineer
My client is a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications.
Their products are everywhere, hospitals, planes, ships and even outer space, but you will only see them if you know where to look.
Working with us will enable you to develop and gain experience in the ideas that are behind some of the most advanced technologies in the world. You will also get a chance to work alongside highly experienced engineers, technicians and scientists.
Overview of Role:
The RF Power engineering function provides engineering expertise spanning; electrical / electronic design (HV LV and control), software / firmware development, test and compliance and vacuum tube expertise.
We have an opportunity for an electromechanical biased engineer to join the engineering test and integration team supporting the project manager and technical authority. Working within the group, the successful candidate will work alongside of a team of engineers and technicians designing documenting and verifying to develop the next generation of RF Power products and processes.
- Understand the technical concepts and practical applications of systems architecture. In particular, sub-system interfacing (including high voltage / high power connectivity), control principles and RF systems and measurement.
- Produce test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
- Evaluate prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems - to ensure they meet original design criteria by identifying and selecting the appropriate test methodologies. Feedback results to project and management teams producing accurate and timely reports.
- HNC / HND / degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent experience working within a professional engineering development environment
- Good understanding of high power electrical distribution, power electronics, inverters, high voltage techniques, RF systems and control management
- Familiarisation with electrical, electronic and RF measurement techniques and experience in the use of associated equipment for the purposes of testing, evaluating and fault diagnostics
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Writing system test plans, sub system level test plans, FAT & SAT.
- Familiarity with high voltage systems and safe working practices
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool
- Experience working within a technical project environment with time and budgetary constraints
- Able to undertake technical work packages with minimal supervision
- Experience of electronic and mechanical assembly techniques
- Familiarity with selection and use of laboratory test equipment and measurement techniques
- This position may on occasions require UK and overseas travel which may be customer facing
Desirable but not essential experience
- City &Guilds 2392 or 2395 (formerly 2391) Inspection and Testing qualification
- BS7671 Wiring Regulation qualified (C&G 2382-12 or equivalent)
- IPC J-STD-001 soldering certification
- Mechanical design and CAD capture to company drawings standards
- Demonstrate able experience of Live Test & Inspection work
- Appreciation of the product development life cycle and product verification processes
- Product requirement specification capture
- An appreciation of electrical (including 'fail safe' design methodology), ionising radiation, non-ionising radiation and electromagnetic safety requirements
- Familiarisation of equipment thermal management cooling systems (water / Glycol / forced air) and associated monitoring
- Knowledge of magnetrons, klystrons, SSA's and TWT's an advantage
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.