|Location: Bristol||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Software, Sensors & Electronic Systems Engineer
This role needs to have a broad spectrum of experience Engineering along with RN process and how the various departments and processes inter-relate. Previous experience and understanding of completion of an installation on an RN platform will be crucial to enable the resource to understand the role. Both roles require the ability to support and understand the engineering aspects rather than manage these areas. This role would ideally suit and EX RN artificer/Officer from a WE background.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Have an appreciation of the installation process on RN SM or ships and should be aware of the processes required within the dockyards to allow a new installation to be completed.
- Should have an appreciation of the dockyard processes to enable new installations (MCTA (II & HAT), The COM dependant on class type - purpose and support)
- Understand how ships/SDA need to be involved within the relevant process
- An understanding of Safety and Environmental elements regarding maritime installations
- An appreciation of how Installation projects work (Risk, Schedule, Resource etc) to enable the candidate to work alongside the PM
- Able to understand a safety case to allow the installation
Desired Skills and attributes:
- An appreciation of the requirements process, but not at any great depth
- Ideally a background of Passive EW/ES systems, however, an appreciation of active EW would be of use.
- Understanding of Platform approval Process
- Appreciation of the Contractor Involvement Form (CIF) process
- Appreciation of Weapons mutual Interference Testing (WEMIT) and RADHAZ
- Appreciation of Security and Information Assurance aspects of installations
- Understanding of Engineering processes including production of PEMP/PEMP workbooks and application of the GEAR tool to projects across the CADID cycle.
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Software, Sensors & Electronic Systems Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.