|Location: Staffordshire||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Electronics Hardware Consultant
Electronics Hardware Consultant needed for a leading Defence Consultancy based in Staffordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electronics Hardware Consultant that takes pride in their work with a minimum of 3 years industry experience in electronic systems / hardware, previous experience in the development of electronic systems architectures to meet user requirements and an understanding of the behaviour of different technologies and options (ASIC, FPGA, Microprocessor/Embedded systems, digital design techniques).
What the Electronics Hardware Consultant role entails:
We are seeking talented and experienced electronics systems / hardware engineers to work on a wide variety of projects and develop this growing capability within our company. We are specifically looking for candidates who can look beyond the task presented, who have a desire to apply their technical skills to tackle problems in new industries; to take a systems view to understand our clients' needs and consult and deliver sustainable solutions that truly add value.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with a diverse customer base. The role will involve working in company offices and laboratories, clients' sites and field trial environments depending on the needs of projects.
What experience you need to be the successful Electronics Hardware Consultant:
- An Electronic Engineering Degree or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or evidence of post graduate experience)
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in electronic systems / hardware
- Development of electronic systems architectures to meet user requirements.
- Understanding of the behaviour of different technologies and options (ASIC, FPGA, Microprocessor/Embedded systems, digital design techniques)
- Experience and application of the systems development lifecycle in developing detailed designs from electronic systems requirements.
- Chartered Engineer (or clear evidence of progression towards Chartership)
- Experience of project, customer or supplier communications and management
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all of the following additional requirements:
- Safety critical software/hardware development e.g. DO-254, DO-178, IEC 61508 (or industry specific derivatives)
- Standard Schematic capture, PCB layout software, Circuit simulation and analysis
- Experience of the design and development of complex electronic hardware
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB/Simulink/Veristand/LabVIEW
- Knowledge/experience in verification & validation techniques across different technologies
- Electronic component & equipment obsolescence
- Technical Leadership of hardware development
- Project management
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Developing and mentoring Engineers in their early career
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Hardware Consultant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Electronics Hardware Consultant position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.