|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: Pacakge|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Engineering Lead (IT Deployment - Virtualisation)
Salary: £+ Package
Key Skills: Engineering, Management, VMWare, Virtualisation, Cloud, Public, Private, NSX, EXSI, Atlassian Toolset, JIRA, Confluence, Defence, Aerospace, Leadership, IT Deployment, SDDC
An experienced Engineering Lead is required to play a key role in assuring design, development and delivery of the entirety of engineering programmes. You will have significant leadership and management experience and be fully competent in the architecture of secure hardware and software solutions, particularly IT deployment projects (VMWare/Virtualisation/Cloud) across the defence sector.
So, what will you be doing as an Engineering Lead?
- Effectively communicating the Programme and Solution Objectives, Delivery requirements to all engineering team(s)
- Provide Engineering direction by defining and delivering a progressive roadmap of engineering activities.
- Work with Programme and Project Management Teams in ensuring that engineering deliverables are achieved on time, to budget and are of acceptable functionality and quality.
- Provision of line management, resource management, and technical leadership for large group of multi-disciplinary engineers
- Approve designs through attendance of all Engineering Life Cycle stages
- Oversight and ensure assignment for all programme and project tasking and activities in order to deliver the programme, to meet deadlines and verify system requirements for functional and performance testing.
- Identify capability gaps in existing architectures and recommend changes or enhancements in line with adopted engineering approach.
What are we looking for in our next Engineering Lead?
- Strong knowledge of agile development techniques
- Have recent experience in leading implementation of Public or Private Cloud architectures preferably utilising Software Defined Datacentre (SDDC) techniques.
- Have strong experience of Virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESXi 6.5, vCentre 6.5, vSAN 6.5, Site Recovery Manager 8.1 and Horizon 7.4.
- Have experience of solutions using Government Grade Cryptography Provisioning and Management.
- Have experience with the Atlassian Toolset - JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket for delivering Agile based projects.
- Proven capability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Engineering Lead, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Engineering Lead, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.