|Location: Wakefield||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Energy from Waste||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gavin Mortiboys||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Engineering Manager needed for a company based in Wakefield, who have been providing an environmentally safe and controlled waste management service for over 30 years. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for; managing the engineering function across four quarry sites and three engineering workshops, the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors to site, minimising the effect of the engineering function on the environment as well as engineering project planning through to completion in line with the annual budget. You will also be managing engineering staff and contractors, fixed plant upgrade works, preventative and planned maintenance and repair of all fixed plant including electrical installations, fabrication and welding works, workshops and storekeeping and engineering staff recruitment/training.
The successful Engineering Manager must have substantial prior experience of working within a Quarry. You will be passionate, committed and loyal, working as a team player as well as working on your own initiative.
- Competitive Salary
- Various related courses available
- Engineering Dept. van provided for travel between sites
- Performance related Bonus
Some of the main duties if the Engineering Manager will include:
- To manage the Engineering functions of the Quarries Business associated with (but not restricted to) all Fixed Plant and Quarry Installations. Understand and implement the company SHEQ policy and conduct risk assessments on site
- Oversee the engineering department to achieve key performance indicators; communicate with and coordinate planning and resources with Quarry Managers.
- Align maintenance plans to achieve key performance indicators and/or market demand.
- Ensuring that key Health and Safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999), implemented throughout the site.
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and industry developments.
- Maintain the inspection systems and checklists in accordance with the IMS system.
What experience do you need to be the successful Engineering Manager:
- Experience in the Maintenance and repair of all types of quarrying plant
- Required Work Experience: 5-7 Years of management experience in the Quarry or similar industrial facility
- The applicant must hold as a minimum QCF 6/NVQ4 in Extractives Management or be willing to study for it.
- Preferred Qualified Electrician or extensive electrical knowledge
- Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical, Process, and Electrical Engineering
- Technical Knowledge/experienced on fixed and mobile crushing and screening plants.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineering Manager to progress their career within a market leading company. If you are interested, please apply as soon
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.