|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Engineering Project Lead
Engineering Project Lead needed for a world leading aerospace company based in Bedfordshire, who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Engineering Project Lead that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in engineering, a membership or chartership with a professional body, and have a keen interest in getting hands-on with engineering projects. If you have experience leading projects within aviation/aerospace that would be a plus!
Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits on offer!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Project Lead will include:
- Provide technical and operational leadership to a team of multi-disciplined engineers to drive the deliverables of a significant project within a major strategic program or integrated project team.
- Being accountable for the delivery of engineering technical solutions to budget, quality and schedule
- Acting as the single point of contact for the customer and company on technical issues/topics
- Facilitating technical discussions internally and between the company and the customer/significant contributors and to ensure that technical decisions are made in support of the project needs, acting as technical decision maker in the event that there are conflicting opinions within the project team on the way to progress
What experience you need to be the successful Engineering Project Lead:
- Demonstrable experience in the creation of work breakdown structures
- Demonstrable experience in task management and the operational management of a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Experience in risk identification, assessment and risk response selection is preferable
- Must have experience in working within an aerospace design organisation
- Broad experience of airframe and system design
- Technical understanding of organisational and airworthiness regulations (e.g. EASA Part 21, EASA CS-25, BCAR A8-21) and their requirements
- Understanding of all areas of aerospace airframe and systems design and certification (stress, certification, avionics, systems design, mechanical design and flight characteristics) and their interactions and relationships
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Project Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, candidates must be willing to undergo and obtain UK security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.