|Location: Surrey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Engineering Technical Specialist
Engineering Technical Specialist needed for a highly reputable Defence & Maritime organisation based in Surrey who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Engineering Technical Specialist that takes pride in their work with sound knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work, possesses a good understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations and has specialised in areas such as sonar, communications, command & control, radar and optronics.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Technical Specialist will include:
- Understanding and interpreting the User Needs and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for the combat system or products and be able to derive the technical and functional requirements.
- Applying your specialist domain knowledge to ensure that systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service correctly, safely and securely. This may include working with suppliers and the military users of our equipment.
- Providing technical guidance and support to other engineering teams during the submarine design, build and system installation and integration activities.
- Understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist advice as required.
- Using your knowledge of current and potential future potential technologies in the marketplace to understand and be able to provide advice on the implications for sub-system design in a submarine.
What experience you need to be the successful Engineering Technical Specialist:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Technical Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Engineering Technical Specialist position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.