|Location: Devon||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Other Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jordan Tozer||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Field Service Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 (Basic Salary) + Lots of benefits
The responsibility of the FSE is to provide support to our customers, ensuring the stable operation of our hardware & software products. We currently require an FSE to join the Naval team providing support on our Fire Control Systems & Naval Electro-Optical Surveillance Systems.
- Provide commissioning, service, repairs and after-sales support to products and systems both in house and on customer site
- Fault-find and troubleshoot systems, often on-board ships, to establish fault and repair as required
- Assist with associated technical documentation related to work carried out
- Support the Sales team in demos and trials for customers as necessary
- Provide technical support and advice to internal and external customers
- Preparation of risk assessments and SSOW's for installation/commissioning activities
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience within a similar position is essential, with hands-on electro-mechanical skills.
- Exposure with the Navy or Military is required, knowledge of Naval Surveillance Systems advantageous.
- Knowledge of ethernet protocols - RS242 / serial links etc with the ability to perform fault diagnosis.
- Basic skills in mechanical, electrical and electronics.
- Experience of writing comprehensive visit and fault reports
- Must be willing to travel worldwide within short notice period, working extended hours when necessary
- Strong Customer relation/interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technically at all levels
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.