|Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire||Salary: £26000 - £34000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Staffordshire area. Within this role, the Field Service Engineer will undertake a broad range of "hands-on" electrical engineering activity and the associated office-based tasks in support of the company's range of in-service products.
The successful Field Service Engineer will demonstrate a proven track record of working in similar in-service technical support environments. The role offers significant challenges and considerable personal development as the company continues to grow within the after sales market. A high degree of customer interaction will be required. Working with specialists from other engineering departments, the candidate will be called upon to provide on-site and office based technical advice and assistance to customers.
The role will require regular travel within the UK and occasional overseas to support our equipment, often at short notice and at weekends.
Key responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer
- Successfully support the portfolio of in-service equipment, which includes power control and HV electrical systems, rail power systems and marine power systems.
- Provide on-site and office based technical advice and assistance to customers.
- Undertake electrical/electronic maintenance, repair and testing of company products - in the field and in the factory.
- Fault finding to sub assembly level and the fault diagnosis and repair of power conversion equipment, inverters and drives.
- Site visits and project work, as dictated by customer demands.
- Writing method statements, risk assessments and technical visit reports.
- Carry out other duties that may be required by the Operations Director in support of departmental activities.
Skillset of the Field Service Engineer required:
- Minimum HNC in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Proven hands-on technical skills and experience of maintaining, repairing and testing electronic and/or electrical
- Proven fault finding skills.
- Technically capable and confident, able to work autonomously to meet demanding technical timescales and pressures.
- Ability to produce clear, concise and detailed technical reports.
- Ability to write and review Risk and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Adaptable and flexible team worker with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Willing and enthusiastic to learn and apply new technical knowledge of Company's products.
- Willing and able to travel, often at short notice, both within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Minimum SC clearance.
- Full UK driving licence.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.