|Salary: Bonus Package
|Sector: Real Estate
|Contact: Oliver Jones
|Job Published: 26 days ago
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER, SW London
£60,000 - £70,000 + Comp
As Financial Controller of the London businesses and managing Guernsey based fund entities, you will be responsible for elevating the finance function to the world class level whilst working closely with the management team and the rest of the Finance team members. Given recent consolidation within the group and flat structure across businesses this role will get a lot of experience and exposure of working very closely with management team members. You will play an integral part to strengthen the finance function.
This role will be bringing in significant value addition to make the finance function more efficient and effective whilst helping the Group to grow by working closely with business heads as well as maintaining high quality relationship with external stakeholders including suppliers, customers, auditors, banks etc.
Education & Experience
* Experience of working in a small to medium size company and understanding the nuances of small businesses.
* Experience of working in the Real Estate industry with a developer is essential.
* Experience in Fund structure, offshore SPV structures.
* Experience of preparing monthly MIS pack including balance sheet, income statements and cash flows for various businesses and yearly statutory accounts.
* Experience of preparing consolidated accounts for various subsidiaries.
* Undertaking variance analysis and commentary on the statements.
* Day to day cash flow management and business partnering skills.
* Experience in strong process driven on approval of costs and supplier management skills.
* Strong technical accounting background, experience of various HMRC and Companies House compliances.
* A qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent.
* Working under own initiative with a high attention to detail.
* Strong Excel skills essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Preparing timely and accurate monthly management accounts with the relevant commentary as part of the board pack for the review of all businesses, both corporate entities and fund SPV structures.
* Preparing and monitoring budgets and targets along with the management team.
* Reviewing, challenging and improving current processes to help the management to achieve the goal of becoming a world class finance function.
* Cash flow management and forecasting including working capital management.
* Working closely with the operations & sales teams to drive performance.
* Management of a team of 4.
* Preparing year-end pack for yearly statutory accounts filing.
* Maintaining quality relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
* All compliances such as VAT returns, Corporation tax returns, yearly annual returns and other company secretarial matters.
* Provide high quality support and insight about finances to business heads of their respective businesses.
* Financial Planning and Analysis role to support the finance function.
* Working alongside the Capital team to provide timely information for individual project appraisal purposes, bank monitoring and making sure that monthly draw down with banks happen on timely basis.
If you are reading this and you work within property as an accountant and looking for a fresh new challenge please register your CV today and a member of the team will contact you to discuss in more detail.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.