|Location: Polegate, East Sussex||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly Jempson|
Currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join a Private Equity backed company that provides specialised field engineering services across the ophthalmic, printing, healthcare and cinema sectors across Europe.
Some of the main duties of Financial Controller will include:
- Financial control and transaction processing within the Group, heading up the day to day activities and to work closely with various other key stakeholders of the senior management team on ad hoc projects
- Delivering timely and accurate management accounts and other business performance reports as required to the senior management team, providing a commentary that demonstrates a full understanding and sense check of the numbers via a strong commercial awareness and an analytical/challenging approach
- Managing the cash flows of the business
- Managing cashflow and financing facilities.
- Producing and updating short-medium term cash forecasts with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Ensuring a strong financial control environment is demonstrated, protecting the company's assets; pro-active in implementing controls, challenging, questioning what can we do better, mitigating the risk of fraudulent transactions occurring, before they occur
- Maintaining accurate financial records via ownership of Company balance sheet and reconciliations:
-Ensuring all control account balances are reconciled on a monthly basis.
-Completing full stock reconciliations to ensure movements are understood.
-Review of aged trading and intercompany balances.
-Ensuring accurate accounting of assets and liabilities.
-Challenging any balances which are unclear or not understood
- Managing the finance team
-Coaching, training and performance management
-Effectively communicating departmental objectives
-Ability to motivate others
- Preparation and submission of accurate statutory accounts / HMRC returns / tax returns etc ahead of deadline, and ensuring that payments are made on time
- Assisting in the production of the Annual Budget, and forecasts.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and liaising with external auditor
- Ensuring that the yearend audit runs as smoothly as possible through the prompt provision and explanation of documentation requested.
Skills and qualifications as a Financial Controller:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Experience of Sage 1000 ERP or similar Accounting package.
- Strong analytical skills including advanced Excel
- Excellent people management skills
- A proactive, challenging approach.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and quality
Apply to this job, don't miss out!