|Location: Bristol||Salary: + Bonus and Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Flow and Process Engineer
£35,000 - £50,000 + Bonus and Benefits package.
**UK Passport Holders only due to Defence Industry related work and clearance level required**
We are looking for talented engineers to join one of our longest standing clients and support their clients by providing:
system and detailed performance assessments;
explosive atmosphere management and ventilation services; and support to the design, operation, substantiation and safety justifications of fluid systems and components.
This role is working in their energy business unit, which supports clients in a wide range of industries, including the hydrogen, nuclear power, renewable power, turbomachinery, defence, aviation, rail and government sectors.
- Proven experience and understanding of practical thermo-fluid mechanics, gained from a Master's Degree in Engineering, a PhD, or a similar level of training, to perform fluids and thermal hand calculations, system level flow assurance assessments and detailed fluids and thermal analysis.
- Track record of supporting fluid process system design processes, including supporting activities such as developing requirements and design substantiation that feed into the overall safety justification of plant (e.g. using Hysys, Unisim, Flomaster, Amesim etc).
- Familiar with using detailed modelling approaches such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to understand complex flow fields and heat transfer (e.g. using Fluent, CFX, Star-CCM etc).
- You'll enjoy using your skills and experience to address technical challenges in fluid flow and heat transfer and developing proportionate, appropriate, and credible solutions.
- You'll be flexible enough to work across industries, but have experience in delivering solutions in low carbon energy, for example in the hydrogen or nuclear industries.
Additional (nice to have) requirements:
- Consultancy experience, identifying and approaching new clients
- Experience of hazard/consequence analysis (e.g. using Phast, Fred, Flacs etc) to support qualitative risk assessment processes, using proportionate analysis work to understand/justify the safety of plant, and recommend design solutions.
- A track record of working in safety critical industries such as nuclear, process industry, oil and gas etc.
- Achieved, or close to achieving chartered engineer status, and/or professional process safety engineer status (e.g. with the IMechE or IChemE).
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.