|Location: West London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 14 days ago|
West London & Gloucester
Rate: Dependent on Experience - Outside IR35
FPGA Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence & engineering organisation with offices in the West London and Gloucester areas. This is a 6-month contract with the opportunity to extend. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in FGPA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products.
The successful FPGA Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification along with previous experience within the UK defence and security sectors.
What the role of the FPGA Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the FPGA Engineer will include:
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
What experience you need to be the successful FPGA Engineer:
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
***The successful applicant must be eligible to undergo and obtain UK SC Security Clearance***
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a FPGA Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.