|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: £1100 - £1200 per day|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Genomics Therapy Area Lead - Immunology
12 Month Contract - Outside IR35 - up to £1200 per day
Genomics Therapy Area Lead needed for a leading multinational pharmaceutical organisation based in the Salisbury area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Genomics Therapy Area Lead that takes pride in their work.
We are seeking a talented scientist or physician scientist with a background or career interest in applying human genomics to drug discovery to support our growing portfolio of projects, in the Oncology area of the Centre. You will be a member of the Centre's Leadership team, reporting directly to the Head of Centre. You thrive working in collaborations with experts both in the CGR and the oncology therapy area and you're looking for that next career challenge in a Director level role.
What the role of the Genomics Therapy Area Lead entails:
Some of the main duties of the Genomics Therapy Area Lead will include:
- Therapy area strategy and delivery of Genomics projects, working with disease and functional specialists
- Identify new external collaborations and manage existing collaborations with Academic partners
- Communication with respective Therapy area Senior Management, including presentations at Review Boards/Leadership team meetings for strategy alignment and agreement, prioritisation and reporting of results, enabling follow up of findings by the Therapy areas ensuring effective integration into the drug discovery pipeline
- Work with required CGR functions to ensure delivery, including genome analytics, portfolio management, business development, finance and communications
- Lead CGR cross-functional interpretation of results and contributing to scientific publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- As part of the CGR LT, define the CGR strategy and goals, including required budget and resources
What experience you need to be the successful Genomics Therapy Area Lead:
We believe that you have a MD and or PhD degree in a genomic, genetics or other relevant subject area, or equivalent experience. You have a good understanding of oncology drug research and development and experience in oncology related genomics' research, which is evaluated by your track record, publications and presentations. Furthermore, you are a leader with experience in and passion for developing, motivating and empowering others and you do this by excellent communication.
- A Background of line or matrix management promoting, motivating and empowering others to accomplish individual, team and organisational objectives
- Demonstrates conceptual, analytical and critical thinking
- Capability to formulate strategic genomics' direction for the Therapy area, communicating sophisticated scientific topics clearly to non-experts
- Effective influencing, communication and partner leadership skills, including effective delivery through academic collaborations
- High levels of integrity, patient-centric thinking and collaborative values
- External recognition as specialist in own specialism, confirmed by publications, external scientific presentations, awards, etc.
- Demonstrated scientific leadership of how genomics can benefit the overall drug development process
- Expertise in risk management and prioritisation relevant to genomics studies, such as regulatory, human bio samples and privacy aspects
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade subtly, to acquire desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organisational relationships
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Genomics Therapy Area Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.