|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Goods In Inspector
Greenford - 6 month contract
Rate cannot be advertised, get in touch for more information
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance (must hold ONLY a British passport)
Goods In Inspector needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Greenford. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Purpose of the Goods In Inspector:
The Goods In Inspector is responsible for ensuring that parts, materials and equipment, which pass through his/her control, are:
* Inspected and handled in accordance with company operating standards.
* Rejected and controlled as non-conforming materials in accordance with operating standards.
Some of the main duties of the Goods In Inspector will include:
* Work with QA, Production, ME and Engineering to determine most practicable GII criteria and methods.
* Provision of advice to Engineering with regard to capability of the GII equipment.
* React to day to day problems associated with the operation of his/her responsibilities.
* Maintain the quarantine store.
* Report of non-conforming parts or material to QA department.
* Provide statistical information to establish GII KPIs.
* Identify areas where new Standards or Procedures may be required.
* Conform and comply with all current Health & Safety Regulations.
* Comply with internal procedures relating to security of stores and stock, and to the stores function for which he/she has been assigned.
* Maintain compliance with established company procedures.
* Provide guidance to staff temporarily seconded to his/her function as occasion demands.
* Maintain Documentation Controls in support of the Goods Inwards Inspection processes to which he/she is assigned.
* Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
* Undertake and complete additional tasks, as assigned by the QA Manufacturing Lead.
* Determining, and requesting, training in support of the job role.
What you need to be the successful Goods In Inspector:
* Approachable with a 'can-do' attitude towards work.
* Must be able to lift and carry goods for inspection.
* City & Guilds Certificate in Electro/Mechanical Engineering
* IPC trained
* Measurement techniques
* Engineering background
* Understanding of Quality systems
* Experience of working with sensitive material
* Good level of verbal and written communication.
* Good IT skills.
* Good organisation and planning ability.
* Able to work as part of a close-knit team.
* Be able to Work to a schedule
* Flexibility to work as part of a team or on his/her own initiative
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Goods In Inspector to progress their career within the defence industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.