|Location: Rochester||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Hardware Engineer (R&D)
Hardware Engineer (R&D) required for a leading design and manufacturer of innovative safety solutions based in Rochester, Kent. We are looking for an individual that has a broad hands-on experience in electronic and electronic component/technologies to design, develop and sustain electronic hardware products.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 5 years' proven experience in hardware design, development and sustaining engineering role. You will also have previously worked within ALTIUM schematic design including best practices and techniques for high-speed interfaces (NAND, NOR memory) designs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Engineer (R&D) to join this well-established company and be involved in both the analogue and digital design at system, product and circuit level. You will be required to communicate with other hardware engineers, production and production engineering where required and ensure designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale.
What the Hardware Engineer (R&D) role entails:
* Involve in Component-level troubleshooting, problem solving and root cause analysis
* Involve in hardware qualification testing (to include Electro-Magnetic Compatibility and Environmental testing).
* Involve in analysing technical/component datasheet to determine alternative components for legacy products.
* Involved in sustaining engineering, deciding when samples are required for testing versus just comparing parameters on datasheet OR when a PCB change is required versus a just a component drop-in/replacement.
* Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company's Production Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
* Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
* Maintain and update existing product designs and design documentation as required.
* Involve in some hardware design and development work.
What qualifications and experience the Hardware Engineer (R&D) role requires:
* 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) of grades A-C (including Math's and English)
* Degree in an electronics related discipline
* Hands on experience in analogue and digital design at system, product and circuit level.
Knowledge and skills required for the Hardware Engineer (R&D) role:
* Popular microcontrollers/Embedded systems: Microchip, STM32, 8/16/32 bit, ARM Core
* Knowledge of various/popular electronic components (such as passive components, relays, connectors and active components transistors, op-amps)
* Popular technologies SPI, I2C, Ethernet, I2S, DAC, ADC, USB, UART, RS232, RS485 communications.
* EMC and Signal Integrity best practices and techniques
* Awareness of CPLD or FPGA designs using VHDL
* Knowledge of electronic test equipment
* Schematic and Multi-layer PCB design and development
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hardware Engineer (R&D) to join a well-established company. Please get in touch today to find out more.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.