|Location: East London||Salary: £170000 - £200000 per annum + 40% bonus and benefits|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Head of Performance- Investment Performance
£170,000-£200,000 + benefits + 40% Bonus
The ideal candidate will be generating portfolio and individual fund manager performance reports and should have the ability to calculate VAR too. they do not just want someone who can push a button and generate reports, they need to know the equations behind the performance metrics. This will be leading a team of 3 more junior people. looking for strong investment performance measurement experience. Reporting directly to the President of the company.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in addition to the possession of relevant professional qualifications.
- Ideally with 8-10 years experience at a senior level in the risk/performance/compliance functions and activities and 3 years experience in a comparable management role, preferably within an international investment management organisation, although some time could also have been spent at a global custodian or investment consultancy.
- Practical experience of managing staff through the provision of overall leadership and direction and the ability to delegate effectively and to motivate staff to work in co-ordinated teams.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Modern Portfolio Theory and market standard methodologies for performance measurement and attribution, risk analysis and compliance by exception processing.
- The ability to identify and communicate key business findings and explain cause and effect to generalist managers as well as product specialists.
- Experience of change management. In particular demonstrable success in optimising team organisation and working procedures.
- The proven ability and success in testing and implementing new Middle Office systems in conjunction with IT and suppliers to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Office.
- Experience of an automated environment using straight through processing with electronic messaging and transaction handling.
- An understanding of the issues in the capture and maintenance of daily standing data and reference data.
- Experience of developing and maintaining desktop PC based analysis and reporting processes.
- Experience of supporting both internal and externally managed portfolios.
- A sensitivity to additional issues arising in a multi cultural environment and in a governmental institution.
Please apply for more information and the full details.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.