|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + + Bens|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Head of Quality Assurance
I have a great opportunity for a Quality Manager to step up into a Head of Quality Assurance role based in Essex. The company are creating a new dynamic Quality Team which will be responsible for the Quality of new Products specifically within the X-Ray market.
In this key role you will take a proactive approach to right first time quality to promote growth and enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs.
The successful Head of Quality Assurance will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days annual leave plus the potential to purchase additional days
* Company pension
* Great value health cover
* STARS awards for high performers
Some of the main duties of the Head of Quality Assurance will include:
* Ensuring that processes, supporting tools and systems, and teams within their area are rigorously designed, set up and managed to drive up supplier quality, within internal manufacturing processes and to the customer.
* Leading the QA team, and responsible for line management of the individuals in this function for RF Power with a proactive value added approach in completing the requirements.
* Develop and implement QA management plans and KPI's including resources, systems, time scales and financials to support, contribute to and integrate within the overall Quality function annual business plan and long term strategy plus ensure the continued process effectivity.
* Responsible for owning and championing a consistent approach to root cause analysis (e.g. 8D methodology) and ensuring issues do not reoccur.
* Maintain the internal non-conformance register, driving owners to complete all corrective measures in a timely manner
* Highlight process improvement opportunities through the data provided from the team and implement robust and sustainable corrective actions (either through product design, manufacturing process or equipment control).
* Interface with key stakeholders throughout the manufacturing process and supporting functions, to obtain full support (through the use of Fair Process Leadership principles) for all improvement implementation timelines.
* Working with Procurement, develop a risk based plan for and conduct periodic supplier audits to Contractual and Capability requirements, using ISO9001, relevant legislation and business requirements as appropriate.
* Support the overall Procurement sourcing strategy and supplier selection.
* Maintain information on containment actions for non-conforming product from suppliers, including status of associated 8D (or alternative methodology) to prevent reoccurrence at the supplier and at similar commodity suppliers.
* Develop underperforming suppliers using TQM methodology.
In order to be the successful Head of Quality Assurance and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Extensive Quality Assurance Management experience within manufacturing including auditing
* Demonstrable Leadership ability with good communication skills who can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally, externally, and internationally with the ability to work with all levels of the business;
* Demonstrable experience in Quality Assurance engineering;
* Experience with the technical governance by regulations associated with the company's products and markets.
* Hands on with product, process, people and customer;
* An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer;
* Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Professional to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!