|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Head of System Engineering and Architecture
The role of the Head of System Engineer & Architecture is responsible to guide the System Engineering team. The cross-functional engagement includes supporting system analysis & design, the definition of system performance & interfaces, system level fault finding and system integration activities and overarching coordination of the different system.
The role drives technical excellence within his team in regards to system architecture, system design and thinking, reliability and quality.
The role owns and drives all the technical roadmaps.
The specific responsibilities at any time will depend upon the businesses needs, such as the project or product allocation and its corresponding state in the product life-cycle. The list below is a typical list.
- Overall oversight and responsibility for the solution system level design of the product lines
- Lead the solution system engineering team within the corresponding product lines
- Oversee an adequate Design Input set using System Engineering practices, working together with Requirements Engineers. Design Input shall include embellishment of interface definition, performance definition, functional and other non-functional definition.
- Ensure the Planning, and driving System Integration Activities and Plan
- Instill System Design and Thinking into the clients organization
- Drive change management activites in compliance with business process to manage system level change/defect requests.
- Drive forward their own professional development through keeping abreast of the latest industry standards, efficient use of tools and my clients product knowledge.
- Drive technical excellence within the system engineering community & mentor less experienced engineers
- Oversee preparation and delivery of system description and definition in support of Regulatory Submissions.
- Contribution towards relevant Product Roadmaps, working with System Architects, Product Management and other key stakeholders.
- Contribution towards a continual improvement approach to Elekta's system engineering processes.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies -
- Demonstration of a sound understanding of a layered requirements structure, able to explain and deploy such a structure to a wider team.
- Translation of customer and internal stakeholder needs into testable and verifiable system level requirements and the ability to decompose these down to component level requirements.
- Ability to provide guidance, critique and constructive feedback on requirement coverage, linkage and good requirement practice.
- Ability to ensure coverage of Design Input is complete either through Architectural artefacts or Formal Requirement artefacts.
- Creation and maintenance of a functional decomposition for a system of systems, device or subsystem demonstrating coverage of the requirements set through linkage.
- Generation of and maintenance of behavioural models describing how a system or composite parts satisfies user workflows (clinical, service etc).
- Decomposing performance NFRs (Non Functional Requirements), apportioning values across the system whilst ensuring the aggregate system Performance NFR should still be met.
- Experience in working with complex systems.
- Good understanding of System Engineering and Product Lifecycles
- Complex, safety critical, high capital value (multi-million dollar) software driven mechatronic system design experience.
- Ten or more years technical experience and leadership experience of cross-functional teams (potentially: Product Management, , Operations, System Verification, Clinical & Service Validation, Project Management).
- Empathetic customer engagement.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders and supply chain partners.
- Application of Medical Devices within a Radiotherapy workflow.
- Medical linear accelerator system design & realisation.
- Leadership role (eg System Owner or Product Owner) within a Safe or Agile environment.
- Chairing technical based customer engagement workshops.
- To be recognised as the authority in the area in which they are responsible for.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.