|Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced highway operative to work in a highways team around the local area.
Our client is a leading contractor within the industry and has services that range from; Highways term maintenance, street lighting, electrical services, surfacing, traffic management and public realm infra projects.
As the successful highways general operative, you'll be responsible for working with both the direct labour and sub-contract labour, meeting targets and deadlines on time.
These include the operation of mechanical plant, kerb laying, drainage works, emergency call-out work and tarmacking.
- Assisting with kerb laying (precast concrete).
- Assisting with laying concrete road channels.
- Assisting with the excavation and laying of granite kerbs or granite setts.
- Operation of mechanical plant.
- Laying tarmac and flexible surfacing (raking/sweeping).
- Pothole repairs.
- Laying concrete.
- Relaying of flags, blocks and cobbles.
- To ensure the team works in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous highways maintenance experience
- Winter Maintenance experience
- Ability to use initiative
- Good standard of English
- HGV desirable
- Out of hours working will be required.
- Ability to work in a gang and use IT equipment to record work as well as a range of skills in using small plant and other equipment.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.