|Location: Melbourne, Victoria||Salary: £50000 - £90000 per annum + Visa, Relocation etc|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior and Principal Human Factors Consultants
Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney based with some interstate travel.
£60,000 - £110,000
AUS$ 110,000 - AUS$ 200,000 + Visa + Relocation + Pension + Usual Benefits
This exciting Human Factors role is with an engineering consultancy operating in the transportation industry as well as other safety-critical systems sectors.
They specialise in the integration of systems and software engineering methodologies, including Human Factors and system safety, with practical program delivery. The client base includes a nice mix of government transport agencies and key project delivery organisations.
The team you would joing combines Human Factors, Systems Engineering, Safety Assurance and Program Management specialists who are passionate about helping to efficiently deliver innovative, high integrity systems that meet the needs of their users.
You will be responsible for the efficient delivery of high quality human factors / human systems engineering services to clients, particularly in the area of human factors integration. You will engage and manage stakeholders, elicit requirements, apply appropriate human factors methods and techniques pragmatically, and develop human factors integration plans, analysis and evaluation reports and human factors issues logs as evidence of human factors integration.
You will exercise a high degree of independence in approach, using considerable originality, ingenuity and judgment to formulate solutions or resolve complex human factors issues. Your work products will be accurate and authoritative, requiring minimal supervision to achieve successful outcomes for our clients.
- Degree in human factors or ergonomics or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' proven Human Factors experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of human factors integration processes and standards
- Advanced skills and experience with the following:
- Planning for and managing human factors activities across the project lifecycle
- Establishing and documenting contexts of use / concept of operations, and human factors / user requirements
- Research and benchmarking
- Stakeholder and user engagement, including workshop facilitation and training
- Human factors methods including task analysis, human error identification, communications analysis, training needs analysis
- Iterative design evaluation, including physical ergonomic assessments, HCI evaluation, implementation prototyping and usability trials
- Well-developed analytical and judgment skills for solving complex problems and evaluating alternative courses of action
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills including negotiating trade-off solutions with other disciplines to optimise design solution
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Membership of professional body, such as HFESA, HFES, IEA or equivalent
- Professional certification (CPE) or equivalent, or working towards certification
- Post graduate qualifications in systems engineering or human factors related fields
- Cert IV in training and assessment
- Experience in rail and transport projects
- Previous experience in consultant organisations
Good knowledge and understanding of systems engineering and assurance processes and standards, such as the INCOSE handbook, CENELEC 50126 and IEC 15288, Engineering Safety Management (iESM)