|Location: South West London, London||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Human Factors Consultant
£35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
An international creative and technical consultancy established nearly 40 years ago, we develop innovative products and experiences for some of the world's most-respected companies. Working in medical devices and technology, consumer products and packaging and in industrial equipment, we have introduced many successful products, winning awards including Eureka IDEA, Red Dot, iF, Medical Design Excellence Award, and the DBA Design Effectiveness.
Based in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, our talented and experienced Managers, Researchers, Designers and Engineers help companies in the Consumer, Medical / Pharma, Industrial and Services sectors around the world achieve their business goals through developing innovative solutions.
Due to the growth of our clients and projects, we have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Senior Human Factors Consultant to join the London office.
Ideally applicants will have 3+ years' experience of Human Factors Engineering applied to medical devices and will have some experience of the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry.
What's on offer?
The opportunity to work at the highest level on diverse product types and challenges. You will be exposed to different clients, market sectors, numerous new technologies and design methods - providing fresh learning opportunities.
With offices in West London, a vibrant and well-connected part of London, the UK team will manage your professional development with you, and ask you along to regular social and networking activities.
On offer is a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, opportunity for some overseas travel to clients and suppliers and is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- To manage the planning, execution and analysis of global research activities and usability evaluations (formative and summative).
- To meet with clients to understand project requirements and proposal
- To define the scope and design of research activities, prepare study documentation, manage study recruitment and logistics
- Participate as a moderator or
- To analyse findings and make recommendations for change following research activities and usability
- To prepare and present the findings of research activities or usability evaluations to
- To compile relevant documentation required for FDA / notified body
- To provide key support in the creation of high quality documentation in adherence to the requirements of large Medical / Pharma
- To understand the Usability Engineering process, procedures and templates and when to use
- To develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients.
- To apply FDA Human Factors Engineering processes to determine customer needs and requirements, including the development of user profiles, target audience descriptions, and use
- To manage the completion of task analyses, user error analyses, user interface specifications, and various other FDA-specified documents that are required as part of the Usability Engineering
- To follow processes and the guidance of the FDA, IEC 62366-1, AAMI
- An understanding of both qualitative and quantitative Human Factors research methods such as task analysis, use error analysis, formative evaluations, heuristic and expert review and summative
- Ideally hold a degree in one of the following fields: Human Factors, Ergonomics, Usability, Product design, User Experience, Human Centred Design or Engineering, Psychology, Engineering Psychology, or a related
- Those with a scientific or clinical background will also be considered.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to create high quality documentation with minimal managerial
- Must have the ability to lead human factors and research activities on projects, and to support junior members of the
- Must have a demonstrable track record of project management, delivering high quality projects successfully to time and budget
- Must be empathetic and passionate about people and improving their lives and environments through
- Must have strong MS Office
- Must have good interpersonal skills; be able to work as part of a team both within HF but also as part of multi-disciplinary
- Must work in accordance with the PDD quality management system and HR
- An understanding of IEC62366-1 and the FDA guidance on Human Factors
- Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and international standards for human factors in medical device development
- Project management experience
- Ability to collect data effectively with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Design Research and Design Insight tools
- Experience in UI, IFU and packaging design, and experience with rapid prototyping methodologies for graphical user interfaces.