|Location: Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Human Factors, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Human Factors Engineer
Cumbria (Relocation assistance available if required)
Would you like to play a key role in the implementation of Human Factors in Submarine Design? We currently have a vacancy for a Human Factors Engineer that offers this opportunity.
As Human Factors Engineer, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of Human Factors and Engineering challenges including design and assessment of work places, work stations, control rooms, accommodation and habitable environments, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Machine Interface (HMI) and experimental design including User Trials.
You will be a part of a large Human Factors department. You will be required to work closely with stakeholders including Engineers, Designers and End Users.
This role will give you the opportunity to enhance your skills, influencing the design of Submarines, complex systems and site facilities to ensure they are optimised for their intended users, improving usability, safety and crew / operator wellbeing.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Task Analysis - breaking down operator tasks to identify issues with design, systems, processes, and identify opportunities for error prevention
- Workload Analysis / Assessment of Situation Awareness to optimise operator performance through design
- Experimental design - planning and conducting User Trials and HF assessments of the developing design, optimising user interaction
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI) development and assessment
- Human Machine Interface review
- Workplace / workspace assessment including anthropometry
Your skills and qualifications:
Experience producing Human Factors reports
Degree in Human Factors/Ergonomics/ Psychology / or other relevant discipline
Experience of providing Human Factors advice to a large/complex project
You will be a skilled communicator, possessing a good level of diplomacy to enable successful interaction with a range of stakeholders who may have conflicting requirements.
Relocation assistance is available for this position, if required
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.