|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
ILS Engineer (contract)
Contract Duration: 6 months+
Rate: £40-45 Per Hour
ILS Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the below. This contract is an initial 6-month contract but possible extension due to the length of project
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Develop support solutions for Maritime programmes
- Review and support ILS non functional Requirements
- Support Logistics Modelling activities
- Develop the ILS artifacts and analysis required for the new major Maritime Proposals
- Provide ILS support to Maritime proposal activities
- Engineering Support - provide support to CLS Technical Lead for requirements acceptance and engineering change:
- Integrated Logistic Support
- Integration and Test
- Systems Engineering
- Training - Develop and deliver training material and guidance for Maintainers and Operators of the system.
- All work to be carried out in accordance with Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations.
- Carry out any reasonable activities as requested in support of the Maritime Support organisational objectives
- Technical publications - Support the development and maintenance of the system technical publications for both new and fielded equipment.
- Provide Logistics Engineering support to other areas of the business as directed by management
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
In order to be the successful ILS Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Ideally require a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and capability typically achieved through around 5 years of professional experience.
- Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education.
- Considered career or journey level.
- Working knowledge of all the ILS disciplines.
- Experience performing support analysis on equipment and systems.
- Familiar with MoD ILS standards.
- Knowledge and experience of providing support related inputs to bids and proposals.
- Computer literate with experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Previous Maritime ILS experience.
- Knowledge of DSAT compliant training requirements
- Major proposal experience
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.