|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
An ILS Engineer needed for a leading aerospace and defence company, who are based in Dorset. My client is known as the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, they help their customers increase the safety and mission capabilities for extreme environments.
They are looking to employ a candidate who has knowledge of Aerospace Standards and Specifications, experience of systems engineering processes, product development & through life support life-cycles. Also, they are looking for a candidate who feels they will be able to step up and analyse specific equipment and contract requirements and to develop and maintain optimised Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) data and deliverables.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Assessment & development of Maintainability and ILS logistic solutions.
- Logistic Support Analysis, compilation and maintenance of support data sets in an LSAR.
- Level of Repair & Maintenance Task Analysis.
- Maintenance Programme generation & Life Cycle Cost modelling.
- Initial Provisioning Data compilation (Spare Parts & Equipment)
- Recommended Spare Parts Recommendations (including spares optimisation).
- Definition and support to development of CMS Through Life Support capability across project teams.
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
In order to be the successful ILS Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified with relevant practical experience (aerospace/military desirable).
- Knowledge of Aerospace Standards and Specifications eg: DEF STAN 00-60/600; DEF STANs 00-40/42/44; MIL STD 1388-1/2A/2B; MIL STD 1629A; MIL STD 2165; MIL HDBK 471A; MIL HDBK 472; MIL STD 785; MIL STD 756; MIL STD 470; Def Stan 00-250 and MIL-STD-1472; ASD
- Specifications 1000D/2000M; ATA Specifications MSG-3, 300, 2000, iSpec 2200.
- Experience of working within a structured LCM framework is highly desirable.
- Experience of systems engineering processes, product development & through life support life-cycles.
- Experience of new product introduction/development is highly desirable.
- Experience of working to ASD Specification S2000M; ATA Specification 2000.
- Experience of working closely with technical publications, including S1000D.
Benefits on offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance,
- Holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the ILS Engineer role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.