|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £34000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
ILS Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. They're looking to employ an experienced ILS Engineer who will provide Logistics Engineering Support to the programmes along with specific emphasis on leading the Obsolescence Management and Counterfeit Surveillance area and also supporting Major proposals from an ILS perspective.
The successful ILS Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Provide ILS knowledge to support the development of support solutions in support of the programmes.
- Support Major proposal activities from and ILS perspective
- As Obsolescence Lead, conduct of a range of Obsolescence engineering analyses and the resolution of obsolescence issues to support programmes and bids.
- Carry out the resolution process for all the obsolescence queries raised against any of the products.
- Review Bills of Material, perform electronic component obsolescence analysis and COTS market analysis and present findings to management and customer
- Support the development of sustainment strategies including identification of alternate sources, items and modernisation requirements.
- Identify and analyse obsolescence support requirements from customer documentation such as the URD, SRD, SOW or SOR.
- Support the delivery and implementation of ILS activities including preparation of Support Plans, provide support to the design and development of Support Solutions
- Support the development of ILS bid documentation in support of proposal activities for military and commercial projects in accordance with the associated standards and guidance.
- Understand and apply the principles of Obsolescence standards including Obsolescence management and the application of BS EN 62402:2007 and other equivalent standards.
- Support to the creation of Basis of Estimates and associated programmes of work to develop the Support solutions.
- Understand the influence of Logistics analysis, Spares Modelling & Simulation in providing recommendations for spares and stocking solutions based on optimising Availability and Life Cycle Cost
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
In order to be the successful ILS Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Understanding of ILS specifications and standards including Def Stan 00-600 and JSP886
- Knowledge, experience and application of ILS disciplines
- Experience of working in a proposal environment
- Knowledge of Obsolescence management and the application of BS EN 62402:2007
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably in the aerospace sector
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of electronic components and associated industry
- Knowledge and experience of Helicopter Systems and Maritime capabilities
- Awareness of Software support planning and analysis.
- Experience of Logistics modelling
- Knowledge of Service Management techniques for service management projects, including use of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methods.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.