|Location: Bristol||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
ILS Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced ILS Engineer to play a key role in the support of the Royal Navy and International programmes.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software ILS Engineer will include:
- Providing expertise, effort and advice in the population and management of the Logistics Support Analysis tools, the data they contain and the related integrated toolsets.
- Applying knowledge and expertise to analyse the impact of engineering changes to the ship, including the effect on availability, reliability and maintainability of the platform and its systems and how these changes are configured in the datasets.
- Applying system and process knowledge to analyse the impact of material from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers on the support engineering datasets and populating the results.
- Working across the T45, T26 and QEC Class Output Management (COM) and International programme teams to identify and resolve in-service or build supportability and data issues.
- Supporting the management of, and update to, the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) account and content.
- Analysing complex datasets to autonomously determine appropriate Support outcomes, updating a shared, complex and integrated Support dataset.
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
In order to be the successful ILS Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Experience gained from one or more of the following backgrounds:
- Maritime or other complex engineering business (Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive, etc.)
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and data
- Knowledge of Supportability Engineering Defence Standards 00-60, 00-600.
- Knowledge of ILS principles and experience in the application of the ILS techniques would be advantageous(Supportability Engineering Defence Standards, e.g. 00-60, 00-600)
- Experience in the population of a Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) database.
- Maritime experience.
- Experience in use and management of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) as used in the Royal Navy.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.