|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £32000 - £42000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Portsmouth / Bristol
ILS Engineer needed for a leading maritime defence organisation based who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded ILS Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree within an engineering or science related discipline (STEM) and proven experience gained from defence / aerospace / rail engineering. ILS within maritime or previous Naval ILS experience would be highly preferred!
Positions are available at our client's offices in Portsmouth and Bristol.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Providing expertise, effort and advice in the population and management of the Logistics Support Analysis tools, the data they contain and the related integrated toolsets.
- Applying knowledge and expertise to analyse the impact of engineering changes to the ship, including the effect on availability, reliability and maintainability of the platform and its systems and how these changes are configured in the datasets.
- Applying system and process knowledge to analyse the impact of material from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers on the support engineering datasets and populating the results.
- Working across the T45, T26 and QEC Class Output Management (COM) and International programme teams to identify and resolve in-service or build supportability and data issues.
- Supporting the management of, and update to, the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) account and content.
- Analysing complex datasets to autonomously determine appropriate Support outcomes, updating a shared, complex and integrated Support dataset.
What experience you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
- Maritime or other complex engineering business (Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive, etc.)
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and data
- Knowledge of Supportability Engineering Defence Standards 00-60, 00-600.
- Knowledge of ILS principles and experience in the application of the ILS techniques would be advantageous (Supportability Engineering Defence Standards, e.g. 00-60, 00-600)
- Experience in the population of a Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) database.
- Experience in use and management of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) as used in the Royal Navy.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role candidates must be in possession of UK SC clearance, or willing and able to undergo the process.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.