|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Information Assurance Officer
Information Assurance Officer required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Faslane area.
As the successful Information Assurance Officer you will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 9 day working fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- Long list of company benefits
The responsibilities for the Information Assurance Officer will include but are not limited to:
Working in the Information Assurance & Governance team, the post holder will assist in the oversight of Information Security Management (ISM), ensuring adherance to policy and standard operating procedures to ensure stakeholder confidence that risk to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of "RESTRICTED", "OFFICIAL" and "PSA" data in storage and in transit is managed pragmatically, appropriately and in a cost effective manner.
Be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the Business Resilience Plan and assist in the maintenance of the Risk Managed Accreditation Document Set (RMADS) for the infrastructure of Project Network as well as providing an internal IT auditing function to ensure compliance of same.
Requirements (Skill set) for the Information Assurance Officer include:
- Good knowledge of HMG Security Policy Framework
- Good knowledge of JSP440
- ISO27001 Auditor
- Business Resilience Experience
- Experience of RMADS and Security Operating Procedures and their importance in this environment
- Familiarity with the Government Security Classification System
- Confidentiality and discretion in the workplace
- Ability to professionally deal with threats to IT infrastructure and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to hold and retain a Security Check (SC) Clearance
Desirable skills for the Information Assurance Officer:
- Understanding of Cyber Threat Vectors
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act
- Experience working in an Information Technology department
- IT Security Qualification
- Experience working in an Information Assurance role
- Experience working with data monitoring and reporting software
Based at Faslane but will be travel to Abbey Wood, and maybe on rare occasions Plymouth.
The Information Assurance Officer will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.