|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Infrastructure Engineer needed for a world leading aerospace and defence engineering company company based in Dorset. They are looking to employ an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who has excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, also they are looking for experience in; Microsoft Active Directory Services and associated technologies - GPOs/PowerShell/DNS/DHCP. Ideally, the candidate will have ITIL experience, 3rd line support experience, and Virtualisation Technologies experience.
What the role entails:
In this role you will be responsible for providing technical support for IT infrastructure, Servers, Virtualization, LAN & WAN networks.
You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
Some of the main duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Head of IT are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
- Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company's IT systems
- To be proactive in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses.
- Identify ongoing improvements to existing business systems.
- Project experience - managed or played a major role in large projects
- Administration of key IT services
- Work collaboratively with team members and support functions to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Proactively monitor IT services
- Take ownership, investigate and resolve escalated tickets
- Adhere to IT change control process
- Any other duties as and when required
What you need to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer:
In order to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory Services and associated technologies - GPOs/PowerShell/DNS/DHCP
- Firewall, VPN, WAN, LAN configuration including Viptela SD-WAN.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- ITIL experience.
- Experience in 3rd line support.
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Automated Windows Server patching
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- MS Exchange 2010 / 2013 management and migration
- Experience of all aspects of an Office 365 migration from on-premises Exchange
- Exchange Online, SharePoint, Skype, Identity management, Azure AD Connect, SSO, MFA, OneDrive, Teams
- Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting experience in a hybrid environment
- Ability to work in an international project environment.
- Must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Benefits for the Infrastructure Engineer:
The Dorset office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition, you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Infrastructure Engineer role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.