|Location: England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
IT Engineer / Technician
Dorset OR Middlesex
IT Engineer / Technician needed for a Multinational defence organisation who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Engineer / Technician that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of solution architecture.
This role can be based in a variety of locations; however, Dorset or Middlesex is preferred.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. B.Sc. Computer Science, AAS, HS Degree, etc. and have a keen interest in solution architecture and configuration.
This is a newly created position, designed to hold significant responsibility for implementing the IT roadmap across a variety of business units.
- 5% bonus (dependant on company performance)
- Flexible working
- Early finish Friday
- Subsidised health and dental care
- Competitive matched pension
- Subsidised Gym
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work schemes
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Engineer / Technician will include:
- Serves as the system design authority for a large-scale system;
- Provides solution architecture for a capability that involves multiple aspects and is not achieved with one off-the-shelf solution;
- Solves/troubleshoots difficult technical problems and configurations.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Engineer / Technician:
- Bachelor's degree or higher with an additional 2+ years' experience in an IT troubleshooting environment; or an AAS with an additional 3+ years' experience in an IT troubleshooting environment or HS degree (or equivalent) with an additional 5+ years' experience in an IT troubleshooting environment
- Additional 2+ years' experience working with two of the following systems:
- Active Directory
- Mail Systems
- Firewalls & VPNs
- Web platforms
- SQL databases
- NoSQL databases
- Additional 2+ years' experience working with at least with least one scripting or development language (e.g. PowerShell, .NET, Python, Perl) and troubleshooting technical problems, designing and implementing systems, embracing and using current technology.
Must be Eligible for SC Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Engineer / Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.