|Location: Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: £20000 - £32000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Walmisley||Job Published: 23 days ago|
IT Field Engineer, Scotland
£25,000 - £30,000
If you are experienced working with IT Support, and either work in the field or want to get out and see customers then this role is ideal. You would be joining a team of IT engineers providing remote & onsite for small and medium enterprise customers, based Edinburgh and the surrounding areas. This will include troubleshooting and installations for varying sizes of customers and enterprises across various sectors. Hours would be 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday with very frequent travel to customer sites.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer's sites and provide support and/or installation services for a wide-ranging set of IT infrastructures.
- Undertake onsite surveys and audits for a range of solutions (networking, server, wireless, cabling).
- Manage customer documentation
- Provide remote & telephone support for first/second line queries to customers from our Edinburgh
- At least two years' experience in an IT support role.
- Most hold a full valid UK driving license.
- Ideally worked on previously in a managed service environment.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to be flexible, as you may be required to start early / finish late, or stayover, on some larger projects.
- Experience in support and installing Windows Server & Desktop OS, Exchange, Office 365 and other standard Microsoft packages.
- Experience in installing and manage basic networking equipment (Routers & Wireless).
- Experience with Mac OS X, Linux & Android
- Experience with Cisco firewalls and switches.
- Experience with SQL, VOIP, SANS,
- Experience in supporting and install complex networking equipment (firewalls, managed switches, VPN appliances, wireless)
- Experience with VLANs, Hyper V, VM Ware and other virtual technologies
- Experience with cloud technology.
This is a role that can offer excellent career progression but also the freedom to travel around Edinburgh and surrounding areas. Benefits include company laptop and mobile phone, and either a vehicle or transport allowance.
This is a full time position with regular travel to customers sites across Scotland. Hours are 9.00 - 5.00, Monday to Friday. 28 days a year holiday including bank holidays.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.