|Location: Worcester||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Term: 6 Months
Day Rate: £DOE + INSDIE IR35
IT Project Manager needed for a multinational defence and security organisation based in Worcester who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Project Manager to come in and be involved in leading on complex bids and managing range of complex projects, often with projects managers directly reporting to the senior project manager for delivery of projects and bids.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Project Manager will include:
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry of data onto SAP CRM relating to your opportunities, and maintain this data to reflect any changes in key inputs including: Order Value, Order Intake Scenario, (Low, Base, High, Excluded), Bid Due date, Closing Date, Sales Stage, Margin, Revenue Profile and up to date notes.
- Leadership; being able to influence and align others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
- Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises, admitting when I don't have the answer and when I have made a mistake.
- Communication; being able to effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
- Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
- Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements.
- Foundation Sales; being able to identify, qualify, develop and deliver solutions to your customers using an existing commercial framework contract (such as EDP) and be able to articulate the benefits to the customer.
- Negotiation & Conflict Management; being able to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Business Development; when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers and costings to support the creation of the proposal document.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Project Manager:
- Solid experience in managing complex software engineering projects
- Ability and track record in leading and driving high performing teams, including managing multi-disciplinary teams (>30 team size).
- Experience in managing multiple, interdependent threads of development, many of which are on the critical path, in addition to independent activities.
- Ability to work and liaise across a large programme, e.g. working with hardware, test and integration to ensure delivery of an integrated product.
- Managing sub-contracts and subcontractors.
- Experience of both agile processes and waterfall.
- Ability to use JIRA, Confluence and Atlassian.
- Familiarity with EVM reporting.
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B.
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 3-5 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Current Security Clearance (SC) is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.