|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
IT Support Engineer needed - Contract opportunity - Based in Loudwater
Currently I am recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join my client who are a major defence company based in Loudwater.
This is a Fantastic and rare opportunity for the IT Support Engineer to take the next step of their career at one of the world's largest and most successful Defence companies.
First Line Support is the initial support level for basic customer issues, where necessary clarify, diagnose, resolve or document and escalate if appropriate. Second Line Support will be responsible for more in-depth support on desktop, network and server platforms
Some of the main duties of the successful IT Support Engineer will include:
- To provide support for the user base for all hardware/software and communication products used, adhering to the agreed SLA at all times.
- To maintain Software / Hardware assets. This will include the registering of new software and hardware assets and ensure compliancy. To provide regular reports to the IT Manager and those that need them.
- To install, upgrade and support desktop applications, hardware and operating systems.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support on all servers across the infrastructure this will include both physical and virtual implementations.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support for all networking components, i.e. switches, cabling and associated peripherals. This shall also include but not limited to basic software configuration and fault diagnosis of these components.
- To plan, manage and assist with office moves, ensuring all IT equipment is disconnected and reconfigured in accordance with the requirements.
- To administer the backup software, amend backup and carry out restores in line with the backup and restore procedures.
- To administer remote access infrastructure, checking logs, password resets and account management in line with the appropriate security procedures and work instructions
- To administer web and email content filtering, re-categorising web sites, checking and releasing held emails
- To be conversant with IT security and provide support including antivirus and peripheral access management and end point protection
- To produce documentation, procedures and technical notes.
Required Skills for the successful IT Support Engineer:
- Windows Client OS's & Applications (Win 7 - Win 10 / Office etc.)
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Basic MS Exchange 2010 - 2016 administration
- Desktop and Laptop hardware
- Asset Management
To be considered for this role you must be eligible for Security Clearance
If you are interested please apply today!