|Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
IT Systems Administrator
The top skills/experience required for the IT Systems Administrator
The role profile gives a clear reflection of the role and is ordered in a list of priorities however 3 key skills/experience for shortlisting purposes:
- Experience managing and administering Hosted Services (including remote access).
- Experience of Performing IT operations and maintenance in a Windows environment
- Experience/Aptitude to evaluate & champion new technologies/systems/ways of working and lead the implementation of agreed items into the business
The business are looking for someone with the experience to take responsibility and care for their hosted services and internal business infrastructure whilst being able to innovate and update the current offering as new programmes/software updates/technologies become available.
A summary of the day to day responsibilities of the IT Systems Administrator
Primary responsibility to provide care for the hosted services. This will involve both ensuring current established systems are running correctly, data is flowing as expected and planned maintenance/updates are completed as required. Any issues requiring fixes will be the responsibility of the post holder. In addition, introduction of new services for new clients, setting up new users and supporting clients with technical support relating to this.
Secondary to support the internal business of 45 internal staff and the companies own It infrastructure. Also understanding and supporting key CD products.
The post-holder will be excited by technology and be able to promote new ways of working/technologies for discussion that would improve the organisations operation and improve efficiency. As part of a smaller organisation, the post-holder will have a diverse range of work and projects they can be involved in which can be either business or personally identified.
- Responsibility for our hosted service & application infrastructure, supporting our client and internal facing hosted systems across multiple geographies.
- Performing IT operations and maintenance in accordance to approved procedures and standards, including security auditing and patching.
- Supporting the implementation of programs and procedures that ensure the safety of our data/information and safety in the Information Technology operations.
- Executing and supporting local installations of our products, AWARD and ADVANCE
- Identifying operational IT problems and seeking resolutions without impacting the end users * Keeping abreast of developments in industry regarding IT operations and maintenance
- Work alongside the development and support teams to become an expert in the use and support of the AWARD and ADVANCE products, working towards becoming the ultimate point of technical escalation.
- Internal Helpdesk support
- External Helpdesk support cover (equivalent to 2nd/3rd line support)
- Flexibility to perform other duties, as and when required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
A competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days' leave per annum and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to the full range of benefits provided by their parent company. They also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Essential qualifications of the IT Systems Administrator
There are no essential qualifications required for the role. More importantly is the experience and aptitude of the person.
- Experience of running and maintaining MS Windows® environments.
- Experience of hosted services, remote operation and supporting web hosted SAAS
- Working knowledge of SQL, Apache, scripting & remote monitoring tools
- Ability to identify, diagnose and rectify IT issues
- Ability to research and implement relevant technical solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, learn and teach within a team of mixed skill levels.
- Existing or eligibility for SC clearance
- Ability to travel Desirable abilities
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essential Plus standards
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment/administration
Key behavioural requirements in addition to the above comments:
- Personable and strong communication skills (able to provide technical clarity to non-technical clients)
- Confidence to take a lead role
- Innovative - able to embrace change, new technology and better ways of working
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the clients and internal consultants