|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Temporary|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 29 days ago|
IT Systems Engineer
12 Month FTC
Wimborne with travel (expensed)
IT Systems Engineer needed for a leading engineering and electronics organisation who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work, with an in-depth knowledge of IP networking, LAN and WAN configuration.
In this role you will be responsible for planning and migrating all IT equipment at each of the company's sites to the new IP range and connect the existing LAN to the new Corporate WAN. This will include all servers, desktops, laptops, printers and any other equipment connected to the existing LAN.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree and have a keen interest in IT systems engineering and migration. If you have experience with systems migration within the defence sector that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Systems Engineer will include:
- To migrate each sites' existing IP to the new Corporate IP Range.
- To ensure that the local IT Manager and Group System Design Authority are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
- To be proactive in suggesting and proposing solutions to issues caused by changing IP address range.
- Project experience - played a role in large projects
- Configuration of networking services
- Work collaboratively with team members and support functions when
- Take ownership, investigate and resolve issues caused by IP Changes
- Adhere to IT change control process.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Systems Engineer:
- Core IP networking (IPv4)
- Multi vendor networking experience.
- Multi vendor firewall experience.
- Firewall, VPN, WAN, LAN configuration.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in 3rd line support.
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role candidates must be eligible for UK SC Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.