|Location: London||Salary: £550 - £600 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Java Developer urgently required by a leading financial services provider in London for immediate start, on a contract basis. They are looking for an experienced Java Developer who is passionate about what they do, who values excellence, learning and integrity. You will have prior experience of the financial industry, working across a host of applications, sub components, large scale external integration and be well versed handling change management efficiently and effectively.
As the successful Java Developer, you will be a team player and key contributor to medium/large projects, collaborating with other team members, promoting technical excellence and delivering benefits to the business within budget and scope.
Some of the typical responsibilities of the Java developer are:
- Working with the Spring Framework, messaging, Hibernate and Oracle primarily for server-side development on Unix/Linux in a distributed architecture.
- Utilise modern development technique recognising the benefits of test-driven development, automated testing and continuous integration
- Adhere to industry best practices and ensuring good code quality, participate in code refactoring, pair programming and code reviews.
- Understand and apply good software engineering principles working collaboratively to implement best solutions.
- Understand and apply solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
- Co-ordinate and participate in major releases and support critical production defects.
The requirements of the Java Developer role:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS/Engineering/Science/Math preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in software development (analysis, development, testing, documentation)
- Strong Java Development skills in J2SE/J2EE applications
- C++ knowledge a plus
- DB skills with moderate database knowledge (preferably Oracle DB skills, ability to write stored procs, functions and use analytical functions)
- Experience working with MQ, EMS desirable
- Scripting knowledge is desirable (Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripting)
- Good knowledge of open-source frameworks especially Spring suite
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux
This really is a brilliant opportunity for an experiences Java Developer to enhance their career with progressive and considerate organisation. If you think this is the next step for you, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.