|Location: Bristol||Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum + + Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
This new Lead Safety Engineer role will report directly to the System Safety and Environmental Manager and offer support to Safety and Environmental Technical Leads. This position is closely aligned with new business activity and will work closely with commercial teams as well as the MOD.
This is an important position that will provide a link between the System Safety team and the Commercial team for new business bids, proposals and support R&D activities.
It also includes the coordination and maintenance of the Safety and Environmental processes for new work programmes. The role fits in with a large System Safety Team that cover a wide range of programmes across defence from Autonomous Unmanned Systems, Rotary and Fixed Wing Aircraft, Land based Systems, Information Systems and R&D.
This position and client offers real growth and progression with the ability to move between programmes, it rewards excellence and fosters an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
This role can be worked on a hybrid basis and would have a base office locaion of Bristol, Yeovil or Milton Keynes depending on where you prefer.
The successful candidate will take the lead from a Safety Engineering perspective on the coordination of bids within the System Safety and Environment Engineering group and contribute to the development of safety engineering strategy across the research and development activities.
Another key element of the role will be to ensure there are specific processes that define the activities being performed in the Safety and Environmental department and provide additional support to the wider Safety and Environmental Department team in the development of Safety and Environmental artefacts for system and in-service activities for the UK MoD customer.
In consultation with the Technical Lead Engineers and System Safety Manager, Lead the development of the system safety research.
Assist and lead the Safety and Environmental Bid and Proposal submissions that includes the planning and support for Safety and Environmental activities:
- Programme Accounting and Estimating
- Safety and Environmental activity scoping and planning
- Resource workload planning
- Coordinating and contributing the Safety and Environmental content to bids and proposals
- Identify, monitor and execute risks, issues and opportunities in support of the bids and proposal submissions
Coordinate the development of the safety and environmental processes within the department and contribute to their generation and maintenance.
Capture and present the programmatical activities across all the Safety and Environmental Department to formulate the bigger picture view to enable the leadership team to coordinate resourcing moves.
Assist with the liaison of colleagues, the customer and suppliers technical disciplines to ensure evidence is available to support the Safety and Environmental Management strategy.
Contribute to the Safety and Environmental Programmes to assist in the following activities :
- Safety and Environmental Management Planning
- Assist the development of Environmental Management strategies appropriate to each project or programme
- Contributing to the development of safety and Environmental Artefacts
- Contribute to safety assessments for safety related systems and/or Aircraft.
- Contribute to Hazard and risk Identification and Analysis including Functional Failure, Fault Tree and Even Tree Analysis
- Contribute to the maintenance of Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools
- Assist in the development of Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for products and services
- Assist in the development of Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment
- Proactively support customer and supplier meetings
- Proven Safety Engineering career background
- Programme Management experience
- Experience of providing safety support into commercial teams (bids and proposals)
- Ability to lead on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility
- Experience of developing resource workload plans and schedules
- Able to communicate at all levels
- The role will have significant UK MoD customer and supplier interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being commercially aware and firm.
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills and ideally have experience of working with UK
- Def Stan 00-056 and 00-051 understanding
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.