|Salary: £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + + Benefits
|Contact: Ian Cowx
|Job Published: 20 days ago
We are actively recruiting for a Lead Safety Engineer on behalf of a major Aerospace and Defence industry leader with a global footprint. This is a brand name in aerospace and aviation that offers a secure workplace, exciting projects at the leading edge of technology and an environment surrounded by likeminded experts in their fields.
This new role will see you undertake development and in-service System Safety activities in a Lead position to support the UK MoD.
- Take a lead position on System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance with UK MOD Safety Policy.
- Be fully conversant with Defence Standard 00-56:
- Safety Management Plans
- Safety assessments for safety related data and information systems and the selection and application of appropriate software safety techniques.
- Hazard Identification and Analysis including: Functional Failure Analysis
- Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools.
- Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for products and services
- Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
- Ensure close liaison, through proactive lead behavior, with colleagues, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety Cases.
- Proactively support customer and supplier safety meetings and chair System Safety Working Groups
Assist and lead on programme planning and support for safety engineering activities:
- Safety programme scoping and planning
- Resource workload setting
- Support new bids and proposals
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience leading and developing Safety Assessments for MoD.
- Previous industry Safety Engineering experience in the application of MoD Safety Policy and Def Stan 00-056.
- Understanding and experience of applying safety techniques to safety related data and information systems.
- Experience developing Safety Cases for information systems and Safety Cases for Services.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility.
- Able to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans.
- Experience of developing resource workload plans and schedules.
- Experience of providing safety support into bids and proposals.
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering OR equivalent work experience in Safety Engineering
- Trained in System Safety or significant work experience.
- Experience with the use of common safety tools, CASSANDRA, Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
- The role will have significant UK MoD interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic and professional is desirable.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.