|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Test Lead - London - e-commerce
You will join and lead an existing team of Automation QAs to take the testing strategy to the next level.
We're looking for a passionate, creative QA lead who is excited about solving new problems to create an industry leading experience. With a focus on front-end technologies and comfortable working with infrastructure, you will have a versatile background which includes inspiring others. You'll be an experience-driven engineer and able to work in an agile way across the business.
Your role will be to oversee all aspects of quality assurance, including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
You will be the leader of a team of Automation QAs across different teams who will look for you for advice, direction and collaborative decision making. Your influence will grow beyond your own team as you look to advise on front end strategies and how we can use the cloud to scale.
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience managing and influencing the technical direction and strategy within a global e-commerce organisation.
- Detailed understanding with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, non-functional, Systems, User Acceptance, end-to-end, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Proven experience building testing teams and leading the definition and implementation of front-end testing strategies in different environments.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies
- A proven 'lean thinking' approach, a clear vision on what level of testing Is 'enough' and where to focus the team's resources for optimal results.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritise many tasks and work in areas of high ambiguity.
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Thorough understanding of different test strategies, implementations and adaptions, with an ability to understand and apply the best tools for the job.
- Experience Leading and mentoring QA team members, as well as managing testers outside of the organisation.
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to take people on a journey to sell in an idea or point of view.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, the ability to clearly articulate a point of view to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Passion, enthusiasm for and a deep interest in technology and software engineering
Tech Stack and skills:
- Protractor & Cucumber
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience implementing and championing Agile working practices such as Scrum, Kanban and XP and CI/CD, TDD & BDD etc.
- Understanding of design systems and how they relate to front-end engineering.
- An excellent understanding of progressive engineering approaches and proven experience working & leading strategy in such an environment. (including; lean, micro-services, internal open source principals)
- Appreciation of or practical experience in implementing internal open source principals.
- Experience ensuring the performance and stability of server side end applications
Test Lead - London - e-commerce
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.