|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Maintenance Engineer - Electrical
Defence / Aerospace
Maintenance Engineer required to deliver maintenance across all aspects of a large building services, needing a candidate with strong knowledge of building systems across electrical or mechanical maintenance.
This role would ideally suit someone with more of an electrical biased, who has good experience of Facilities Management or Building Services, who also has a good understanding of Health and Safety.
Salary for this permanent position can be discussed further upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Maintenance Engineer - Electrical - Role Purpose:
Delivery of maintenance across all aspects of building services, strong knowledge of building systems across all disciplines with a key competency in either electrical or mechanical maintenance.
Multi-Skilled Building Services engineers will be responsible for undertaking pre-preventive maintenance, repair, and reactive tasks.
- Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings
- Deliver specialist technical maintenance support & services in relation to building plant / equipment
- Prioritisation of work programme to satisfy business needs
- Form part of the on-call rota within the Maintenance Team
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
- Must adhere to the QinetiQ behavioural principals: Integrity, Excellence, Care, Teamwork and Commitment
- Must have excellent organisational Skills
- Strong technical background
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work and engage across departments.
- Must have good verbal, written and listening skills
- Drive and enthusiasm; 'can do' approach
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to organise / prioritise work
- Ability to thrive as part of a team, and work independently where appropriate
- Work may involve working across multiple locations within reasonable travel distance
Experience & Qualifications for Maintenance Engineer - Electrical:
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 (in a relevant discipline electrical or mechanical)
- Good knowledge and level of competency in other areas of building services (BMS, electrical or mechanical services)
- Competent Microsoft Office Suite User
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving licence
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.