|Location: Blackpool, Lancashire||Salary: £20 - £25 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Maintenance Technician needed for a globally-recognised medical devices organisation based in Blackpool who are looking to employ an experienced Maintenance Technician with an in-depth knowledge of fixing electrical and mechanical faults and a range of other maintenance responsibilities. There is also an element of administration to this role, so candidates must have good written and spoken communication skills and an organised nature.
The successful Maintenance Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a very competitive rate of pay: £20 - £25 p/h.
What the role entails: Working within a Facilities environment, you will have a hands-on and administrative role, ensuring installations, preventative maintenance, testing and repairs of plant and infrastructure are maintained to the highest standards in order to comply with current legislation and adherence to operational guidance and company policies. This will be achieved via the management of multidisciplinary activates utilising both internal and external resource.
What you need to be the successful Maintenance Technician:
In order to be the successful Maintenance Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* As a minimum have an Electrical Level 3 NVQ Diploma, or City and Guilds 2391 or 2394/5
* BTech HNC/D in engineering or equivalent
* 17th Edition BS7671
* Experience of PAT testing
* Be experienced in reactive and planned works in Electrical / mechanical systems, plant and equipment.
* The ability to analyse technical mechanical / Electrical drawings and have close attention to detail
* Be able to follow technical instructions and have a methodical approach to work
* Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors
* Mechanical services skills, i.e., fabric maintenance, Air compressors, plumbing, HVAC, boiler plant.
* CCTV and Fire Alarm experience / fire protection systems
* Building management system (BMS)
* Competent with Hydraulic, pneumatic and gas systems
* Gas safe registered (desirable but not essential)
* Strong regard to Health, Safety and environment.
* Good IT skills
* IPAF certificate for Mobile Elevating Work Platform (desirable but not essential)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.