|Location: Warwickshire||Salary: £72000 - £80000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£72,000 to £80,000 + package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor working on HS2 in Birmingham. The Managing Quantity Surveyor will be joining an experienced team focused on delivering one of the largest infrastructure projects in Western Europe. The role promises job security, plenty of opportunity for personal development and exposure to a high profile and technically challenging major project.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with developing a busy commercial team consisting of AQS, QS & SQS. Your team will be delivering various structures including bridges across roads and rail assets, viaducts and supporting structures including diaphragm walls and foundations. As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, some of your key duties will include:
- Identifying and mitigating commercial risks
- Review project progress against programme and budgets
- Report the commercial progress of the project to the senior project team
- Manage the preparation of target costs
- Prepare delay & disruption programmes
- Prepare the procurement programme
- Draft and negotiate NEC forms of contract
- Advise on contractual matters
- Support all members of the commercial team with their own development and progression
The successful Managing Quantity Surveyor will be offered a position that includes a structured career path with realistic and achievable goals to become a Senior Commercial Manager within 3 years. You'll be supported by an experienced and approachable senior leadership team and offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £72,000 to £80,000
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
Managing Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previous experience working on a large infrastructure, civil engineering or utilities project in the UK. You'll need a strong understanding of the NEC contract, good cost reporting skills and first class communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well regarded leading main contractor on an exciting, technically challenging project. Get in touch today to find out more.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.