|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Manufacturing Engineer needed for globally established electronics and defence organisation based in the Gloucestershire area with an in-depth knowledge of working in a manufacturing support role, tooling specification or design within a 3D CAD environment, and an awareness of AS9100 Aerospace Quality systems.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Provide & support Continuous Improvement (CI) manufacturing solutions to reduce build time, improve yield & quality both internally and within the supply chain.
- Specify & design new production tooling and assembly aids within 3D CAD environment and perform tooling trials. Manage maintenance & repair of existing tooling.
- Specify, install & purchase test equipment, machinery & hand tooling for the cell.
- Create & maintain Manufacturing Instructions (Layouts) and Route Cards to ensure good product quality and repeatability in production.
- Set up the manufacturing area & ERP system (BOMs, Routings and Work Centers) to optimise manufacture flow.
- Support PFMEA, DFMAIT and perform first build activity for new projects.
- Provide a technical input to product & test equipment fault finding and diagnostics.
- Provide support on Lean activates such as value stream mapping, standard work, 5S and Kanban.
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Electro-Mechanical engineering experience with an engineering based qualification in an appropriate technical discipline.
- 5 years or more working in a manufacturing support role, with a minimum 2 years' experience of tooling specification or design within a 3D CAD environment.
- Awareness of AS9100 Aerospace Quality systems.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and good commercial awareness.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Additional experience would be highly advantegeous:
- High-pressure systems or components.
- Military or civil aviation harnessing.
- Complex electronic box build assemblies.
- 3D CAD - Siemens NX, Creo, CATIA or similar
- IFS - MRP system
- Electronic Document Management System - Teamcenter
- MK Systems - AutoMeg
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please be advised that all applications moving forward for the Manufacturing Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.