|Location: Bedford||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 5 days ago|
£40,000 - £48,000 + benefits
Manufacturing Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in the Bedford area. The Manufacturing Engineer will focus on involvement through the full product lifecycle, with the aim to reduce manufacturing costs and improve yield at all stage, whilst supporting the Programme in delivery of the milestones.
As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is the point of contact, providing engineering advice, problem solving and co-ordination of activities in support of current and future business.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer would ideally be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. You must be able to demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience with CNC machining, with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology & Quality toolset experience.
**Due to security requirements, this role is only available to sole British nationals who are eligible for DV Security Clearance**
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Develop manufacturing processes within NC Machining
- Defining sequence of operations, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing and material handling taking into account flow and lean philosophies.
- Providing Basis of Estimates for engineering activities and shop floor operations across a range of technologies and disciplines
- Identifying any new tooling & fixturing requirements
- Experienced in the creation of Technical Requirement Specifications
- Creation of detailed process instructions
- Creation of Manufacturing BOM's / routings to aid ease of manufacture.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 & 2 MDWT (Mission Directed Work Team) meetings.
- Support and contribute the relevant section of the Technology Roadmap to identify improvements to current manufacturing processes and future requirements
- Assist with the Technical requirements of the relevant section of the Capital plan from definition to acceptance.
- Support with the business process reviews and generation / update of relevant documentation.
What experience you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- Knowledge of Machining and Manufacturing technologies.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience with CNC machining
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- Familiar with the use of CAD software to generate 2D technical drawings would be beneficial
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Familiar with the use of CAD software to generate 2D technical drawings.
- Strong SAP skills to support production
- Any CAD/CAM experience would be very beneficial. EdgeCam or Creo would be especially advantageous.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.