|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alii Thorogood||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Manufacturing Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based near High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Manufacturing Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing methods, design review processes and new product introductions.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. HNC / HND / Degree in Mechanical /. Electrical Engineering etc. and have commercial experience in Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing that would be a plus!
- On-site parking
- Bonus schemes
- Flexible working
- Early Finish Fridays
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- To plan and co-ordinate New Product Introductions, working closely with other members of the project team, to ensure delivery to customer deadlines. Develop Manufacturing Plans, detailing: layout of production area, workflow, process maps, cycle times, resourcing requirements, capital equipment, tooling, handling equipment, operator training and workstation design.
- To plan and co-ordinate tooling, test and capital equipment required for production. This will include submissions for Capital Expenditure. In addition,
- Formulating preventative maintenance schedules for production equipment to minimise stoppages.
- Create Routing information on ERP system; detailing routing steps and standard times.
- Create accurate estimates for manufacturing times (including assembly, wiring, testing and inspection) for proposed new products, to be submitted as part of the bid activity.
- Create Assembly Instructions and Work Instructions to ensure uniform, repeatable practices are followed by production.
- To critique and troubleshoot designs, providing feedback to project teams and engineering, specifically where inefficiencies in the manufacturing process are detected.
- Support Production, to achieve on-time delivery of customer orders. Attend daily stand-ups and also liaise with suppliers on manufacturing related issues.
- To support Quality in the resolution of non-conformances, ensuring minimum disruption to production.
- Furthermore, working with the wider cross functional team to investigate root causes and to implement preventive actions.
- To support the development of the supply chain for a project, by dealing with any technical queries and assist Suppliers with the product ionisation of purchased components.
- To drive process improvements to ensure the most efficient, cost effective working methods are employed by implementing LEAN tools and techniques (e.g. 8D, 5S and Process Mapping).
- To be responsible for the ESD (Electro Static Discharge) compliance of production and test areas.
- Ensure Safe working environment in line with the business Health and Safety procedures and UK Law. Ensuring H&S Risks are adequately addressed.
What experience you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- HNC/Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to investigate new approaches and manage change
- Experience in creating routings and setting standard manufacturing times
- Experience of using ERP systems
- Experience of modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience of using Lean Techniques to make efficiency improvements
- Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt
Must be eligible for SC Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.