|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 16 days ago|
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Exciting Opportunity! Manufacturing Engineer needed for a world renown defence company based in Buckinghamshire. They are looking to employ a competent and experienced Manufacturing Engineer with in-depth knowledge of Lean methodology and procedures, experience of using MRP systems and ideally the defence industry.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will be working for an industry leading defence company that offers competitive salaries and progression based on merit. The candidate will want to work for this client not just because it is a great opportunity but also due to the wealth of benefits on offer; including:
- 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
- Bonus scheme based on company profit targets
- Sports and social club memberships
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits scheme that includes numerous options including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retail Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
+ Many more
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- To participate in the Design Review Process, to ensure that designs are optimised, wherever possible for manufacture, assembly, test and supportability.
- To plan and co-ordinate New Product Introductions
- To develop the manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to efficiently deliver manufactured items, to time and cost targets set.
- To support the development of the supply chain strategy for projects, to drive early engagement with the supply chain for new designs and to deal effectively with supplier technical queries.
- To drive process improvements to ensure the most efficient, cost effective working methods are employed by implementing LEAN tools and techniques.
- To critique and troubleshoot existing designs
- To support Production, to achieve on-time delivery of customer orders.
- To be responsible for the ESD compliance of production and test areas.
To be the successful Manufacturing Engineer the client is looking for:
- MUST be eligible for security clearance
- Relevant qualification (Mechanical or electronics)
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supportability Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested apply as soon as possible, don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.