|Salary: £32.00 - £35.00 per hour + Inside IR35
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence
|Contact: Elise Marshall
Inside IR35 Contract
Are you ready to play a crucial role in advancing the forefront of defence technology? A renowned global leader in the defence and security sector, is seeking a talented and driven Manufacturing Engineer to join their dynamic team their Greater Manchester facility. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be at the heart of innovation, contributing to the design and production of cutting-edge defence systems. Your expertise will be pivotal in ensuring the efficiency, quality, and continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions.
- Design, Commissioning and proving of associated tooling.
- Support the industrial validation process using FMEA's, FAI's etc.
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process.
- Route card changes as a result or rework activities.
- Management of Configuration Control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing Instructions.
- Support to the Non-Conformance Process using SAP.
What experience you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 OR BEng in a relevant engineering degree, or 20+ years' experience.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- 5 years' experience within an engineering discipline.
- Can interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions for both Skilled and Semi-Skilled operators.
- Have experience of Electronic Sub Assembly manufacture through to System level builds.
- Have experience and knowledge of the assembly process for small/miniature Electro-Mechanical Actuation Systems.
- Must be able to work within, and contribute to a team environment.
- Recognise and understand customer requirements, and respond to them.
- Understand and work to Company Processes and Procedures.
- Can communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
- Manual handling training.
- ESD training.
If you have a passion for precision engineering, a keen eye for detail, and a desire to be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what's possible, we invite you to apply and be a driving force in shaping the future of defense manufacturing. Your skills matter.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.