|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Manufacturing Technician needed for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing Technician who is IPC certified and has previous experience working within an Aerospace environment
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Technician will include:
- Leading data quality improvement projects taking accountability for analysis and stakeholder engagement whilst driving business cases to improve data quality
- Lead on analysis (regular and ad hoc) to understand data quality performance and make recommendations for remediation off the back of this at all levels up to and including the Customers Exec
- Own portfolio of data analysis projects across Customers and lead engagement with stakeholders of these as well defining scope and deliverables
- Define, put in place and manage data quality metrics and controls to monitor data quality
- Lead on the assessment, prioritisation and delivery of Data Quality issue review and remediation
- Work with the Senior Manager of Data Quality to develop and implement the data quality strategy, policy and governance
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across Customers to ensure robust business cases are developed for remediating data quality issues and deliver the programme(s) of remediation work, reporting progress to stakeholders including at Senior levels
- Own and regularly measure, report and present findings on data quality performance to data owners, senior stakeholders and other key partners across Customers
- Develop, maintain and communicate company wide data quality governance standards, frameworks and policies and foster a business culture that values data as a corporate asset by promoting discipline and compliance around its use
- Deliver data quality assessment and on-going monitoring to increase confidence in those core functional processes with a data dependency across Customers
- Undertake production data quality monitoring to identify quality issues, and perform root cause and source data error analysis to determine their priority
- Perform data audits in the analytics environment to drive continuous improvement.
- Create a strong network of contacts in Customers business that can be drawn upon to source information and ideas and to challenge and sense-check work carried out.
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Technician:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A minimum of 6 months broad based cell experience (an understanding of the range and complexity of the products that the cell produces)
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 5 years' experience at level 3 minimum and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an electronics and/or PCB and/or harness manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.