|Location: Bristol||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum + + Benefits and Flexi working|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Systems Safety Engineer (Maritime )
(Bristol or Plymouth)
£45,000 - £70,000 (Dep on experience) + Benefits and flexible working.
UK Clearances required to SC, as long as you are clearable that is fine.
Our client has been a key supplier to the Government defence departments for decades. They offer an extensive range of expert services to clients which has led to the need for further support in the area of Maritime Systems Safety.
Successful candidates will work with clients (both direct to MoD and major Industrial Partners) to provide safety support throughout the lifecycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal. The majority of the work is focused on providing assurance that defence systems are safe to introduce into and remain in service, in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
This role will work across a wide variety of defence acquisition projects across weapon, maritime, land and air domains, ranging from small equipment through to large and complex systems and platforms. When the need arises, there are variety of non-defence projects for high hazard industries or products, e.g. space, dangerous goods.
Experience in any of the following areas will be advantageous:
- Safety Management
- Technical Assurance and Maturity Assessment of the Maritime CADMID cycle
- Design Substantiation
- Hazard Identification and Analysis (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA)
- Hazard Log Management
- Safety Case development and management within the Maritime Context
- Risk Assessment and Management and ALARP Assessment
- Safety Argument Structuring, e.g. Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Derivation and Assessment / Software Safety Assessment especially within the Combat System.
- Design Substantiation
- Independent Safety Audit
- Regulatory Interface and Support eg DSA 02-DMR, JSP 430, JSP538, JSP518.
- Standards / Policy / Guidance review and update
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- Flexible working
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and buy-back scheme
- Contributory pension
- Professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.